The Franklin, Franklin College’s student-run news source, has leaned on its core group of students from last year to form its leadership team for the 2017–2018 school year.
The team is as follows:
- Senior Ashley Shuler, executive editor.
- Senior Christina Ramey, opinion editor.
- Junior Shelby Mullis, news editor.
- Senior Ashley Steeb, sports editor.
- Senior Leigh Durphey, copy chief.
- Senior Zoie Richey, photo editor.
- Senior Nicole Hernandez, web editor.
- Junior Matt Thomas, advertising manager.
- Sophomore Quinn Fitzgerald, lead reporter.
Fitzgerald has a newly created position. In the lead reporter role, she is tasked with generating a large, lead piece of copy or multimedia story for each print issue in addition to writing smaller news stories.
Fitzgerald will pilot this position, which aims to become an incentive for new staff members to do solid reporting and realize they don’t have to necessarily manage people to have earn a leadership role on the paper.
The Franklin, established as a weekly newspaper in 1908, is produced by Pulliam School of Journalism students and students of related majors. Its leadership team plays a key role in producing and editing content for The Franklin’s print paper and website.